This is a guide that will walk you through the initial setup as well as some basic phone handling training.
- Place the phone in the desired location
- Unbox the phone, handset, cords, and back frame
- Assemble the phone
- Connect the phone to Power & Internet
Basic Phone Handling & Functions
Lines: Line 1 & Line 2 are your main lines for incoming and outgoing calls. You Line 2 acts as a Rollover or Call Waiting line.
Managing Multiple Calls
- Toggle between the Line 1 & Line 2 to place specific calls on hold while you address the other
Placing Calls on Hold
- Parking Lots: This is a “Global” hold for the entire office. Placing calls in Parking lot 1 or 2 will take the caller off of your phone and illuminate the “P1” or “P2” button RED.
- Hold (button on phone): When you are on a call a “Hold” button will appear on your LCD screen. This is to localize a call to your specific phone and put them on hold while you intend to return to them.
- Transfer (button on phone): Transfer > Desired location > Transfer
To transfer an existing call, press the Transfer button on the LCD screen or on the right-hand side of the keypad followed by the desired location (an Extension, an external number or Presence button). Press the Transfer button again to complete the transfer.
- Parking Lot: Press the P1 button > notify the receiving party
How to check Voicemail messages
- Press the Message button on the right side of the keypad
- When prompted, enter your 4-digit passcode followed by the # key (if you do not know your passcode, please reach out to our support team at 435-767-0882)
- To listen to New messages Press 1
- To listen to Saved messages Press 2
Other phone features may include:
- Conference Calls
- DND (Do not disturb)