Guides & Tutorials
Phones & Devices
Understanding DND - Do not Disturb
Red DND Shows on Screen When DND is Activated
The Do Not Disturb feature allows a user to block the phone from receiving calls. The user may make outgoing calls from a phone in Do Not Disturb mode.
- If a DND extension is in a Ring Group, it will be excluded.
- If a call is transferred to a DND device it will be sent directly to that device's voicemail
- If an inbound call is routed directly to a DND device the call will be sent directly to voicemail.
- If an inbound call is routed to a DND device (extension) that is by itself in a Transfer & Continue module on the switchboard, the caller will hear ringing for the duration of the timer in the module but the DND device will not ring.
- In the above example, the caller will hear ringing for 20 seconds before the system sends them to voicemail.
- In these situations it's better to use a Transfer and Rollover module instead. That will send the call directly to the next step in the call flow when DND is active.
- In the above example, the caller will go straight to voicemail if the device at extension 199 has DND Activated.
Toggle Do Not Disturb Mode
- From any valid extension, press the DND option.