Guides & Tutorials
Phones & Devices
How to Set Up a Shared Voicemail
Shared Voicemails are a convenient way to allow a user or a group of users to receive and access voicemail boxes.
Create a Shared Voicemail
- Select the + symbol next to Extensions on the left side menu to open the extension options
- Select Shared Voicemail
- Under the General Tab:
- Name the Voicemail
- Set a shared voicemail number
- Select to omit from directory or not
- A new extension will be seen by all extensions in the PBX.
- Queues, conference rooms, and shared voicemails may be omitted from the directory to eliminate confusion
- Under the Voicemail Tab:
- Select the Time Zone
- Set a Voicemail Box Password
- Determine if Voicemail Instructions will be played or not
- Set Email Notifications to send or not
- Select whether the Voicemail Message will be sent as MP3 via email
- Set the message to delete after being sent or not
- Enter in the email addresses of the recipients separated by commas
- Determine if the system will use default greetings or not
- Set the outgoing message unavailable sound clip.
- Click here to learn about uploading sound clips