The voicemail feature allows a user to receive and access private and shared voicemail boxes.
Setting up Voicemail on the Phone
- Press *97 from any valid extension.
- Note: Most models of phones have a voicemail button on the keypad or menu of the phone.
- Enter password.
- Note: The default password is 1234. Users may change the password using the advanced features.
- When prompted press option 5 (Advanced Options) and then option 1
- When prompted select a greeting to record. 1-9. 1 is the default greeting. The others can be set through the Web interface through the voicemail management app, an extension, and on the Dial Plan Editor. For more information on how to use these additional greetings. Refer to the Dial Plan editor tutorial.
Accessing Voicemail on the Phone
- Press *97 from any valid extension. Note: Most models of phones have a voicemail button on the keypad or menu of the phone.
- Follow the prompts as directed.
Accessing a Remote or Shared Voicemail
- Dial *98 and the extension of the voicemail you wish to access
- Enter the password as directed.
Sending a Call to Voicemail
- When on an active call, blind transfer a call (BXFER) by pressing *2 and dialing the extension of the voicemail box.