E911 allows emergency services to locate the PBX or extension by a registered and verified E911 location. Because of the power of our cloud PBX, an extension or PBX can be anywhere. To help 911 services locate the extension or PBX it is your responsibility to make sure that a number is E911 verified and associated with the correct location for each extension.
- E911 Verification must be added by a Mango Voice service representative.
- Each PBX must have a default E911 verified number associated.
- Additional numbers may be verified and used on individual extensions.
- An extension with an E911 number directly associated to the extension will override the default E911 number for that extension.
- If the Outbound Caller ID is different from the E911 verified number for the PBX or extension, when 911 is dialed the Outbound Caller ID for that extension or PBX will be changed to the E911 verified number assigned.