Team chats are between mango users that are members of the specific team. For example, this could be a front desk team, sales team, or support team to help them communicate internally to each other.
Team texts are between mango users in a group and an outside phone number. For example, this could be where overflow support text messages, appointment reminders, as well as chats with customers that will be visible by the whole team could take place.
Direct chats are between two or more mango users. Direct chat is commonly used for internal company communication.
Direct texts are between a mango user and an outside phone number. Direct text is typically used for reminders and the like. Direct texting is typically turned off by default. Learn how to enable direct texting here.
How to Send Messages
- Team Chat - Team Chats are automatically created after teams are created. Team Chats are stored in the left chat thread section under the group name. Learn how to create a team here.
- Team Text
- Select “Text Messaging” under the team title in the left chat thread section
- Create a new team text by selecting the + button in the middle window
- Enter the new phone number to team text
- Press the button on the right of the number entry box
- Direct Chat
- Select the + by “Direct chat” from the left chat thread section
- Select from the list of extensions or type the extension to search
- Press the button on the right of the search box
- Direct Text
- Select Direct Text from the left chat thread section
- Enter the new phone number to direct text